Hail To The District writer Dash Kannan provides his final two-round NFL Mock Draft of the 2017 offseason.
Yes, this is only my second mock draft, but in a year where no one has any idea what’s going to happen, who knows; maybe two is all I need?
1. Cleveland Browns – Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M: I’m not buying the Trubisky talk. That’s nonsensical.
2. San Francisco 49ers – Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU: First shocker of the day. Not many expect this to happen, but Kyle Shanahan’s zone scheme with a premier RB like Fournette? Yikes.
3. Chicago Bears – Jamal Adams, SS, LSU: The Bears opt to get the best safety in the class over Solomon Thomas who could have helped them as well.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars – Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford: Thomas’s mini slide ends here as the Jaguars decide not to take a QB and make hay with another addition to their defense.
5. Tennessee Titans – John Ross, WR, Washington: Shocker #2. John Ross has elite take-the-top-off speed and the Titans look past the injury concerns and give Mariota a speedster
6. New York Jets – OJ Howard, TE, Alabama: Another team passes on a QB and this time it’s because some in the building believe in Christian Hackenberg.
7. San Diego Chargers – Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina: This draft is nuts, I know. But letting Trubisky sit behind Philip Rivers for a few years lets Anthony Lynn buy himself some time as a coach too.
8. Carolina Panthers – Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford: I’m not that sure that this is going to happen. I think Lattimore is still in play here as the best CB in the draft for a team that really missed Josh Norman last year.
9. Cincinnati Bengals – Charles Harris, EDGE, Missouri: The hype train on Harris is off the charts and Paul Zimmer gives the Bengals something they’ve lacked for a very long time – an elite edge rusher
10. Buffalo Bills – Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama: Foster and Reggie Ragland team up together again in Buffalo.
11. New Orleans Saints – Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama: Allen shouldn’t have fell this far anyway.
12. Cleveland Browns – Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State: With Trubisky off the board, the Browns show restraint and wait to pick a QB later.
13. Arizona Cardinals – Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech: The Cardinals decide it’s time to take Mahomes in one of the strangest rises up a board. He’s going to sit.
14. Philadelphia Eagles – Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama: The Eagles should be ecstatic to land one of the top two corners in the draft.
15. Indianapolis Colts – Haason Reddick, LB, Temple: Reddick slips a bit, but he lands in Indy where Chris Ballard only knows one thing: Best Player Available.
16. Baltimore Ravens – Mike Williams, WR, Clemson: Baltimore has the sorriest group of receivers in the league.
17. Washington Redskins – Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida: I’m not sure if Davis will be as good as everyone says, but this makes too much sense for it not to happen.
18. Tennessee Titans – Adoree’ Jackson, CB, USC: Jackson is flying up rankings. The Titans land Ross and Jackson and are ready to field a 4×100 relay team.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State: Cook will join Winston to rehash their Florida State days. Doug Martin is done.
20. Denver Broncos – Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin: This is such a boring pick I regret doing it.
21. Detroit Lions – Derek Barnett, EDGE, Tennessee: There’s something about Barnett that I like. Oh yeah, it’s the insane production.
22. Miami Dolphins – Takkarist McKinley, EDGE, UCLA: Dolphins need to replace Cameron Wake sooner rather than later. I also believe David Njoku is in play even though Miami acquired Julius Thomas earlier this offseason.
23. New York Giants – Garrett Bolles, OT, Utah: Something has gotta be done about Ereck Flowers.
24. Oakland Raiders – Forrest Lamp, OT/OG, Western Kentucky: Donald Penn is 500 years old. Time for an upgrade.
25. Houston Texans – Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson: I think someone will trade up for Watson before this, but since I can’t project trades because…that’s dumb…Watson ends up as Bill O’Brien’s Day 1 starter.
26. Seattle Seahawks – David Njoku, TE, Miami: They need more on offense. Njoku and Jimmy Graham is a matchup nightmare.
27. Kansas City Chiefs – Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan: I could see Andy Reid reaching for Deshone Kizer here, but I think common sense prevails and they keep trying to find a WR for the tenth year running.
28. Dallas Cowboys – Taco Charlton, EDGE, Michigan: The Cowboys still lack playmakers on defense and Charlton is a stud.
29. Green Bay Packers – Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State: The Packers need to replace a few guys in their secondary. They’ll look for a RB in the 2nd in a deep class.
30. Pittsburgh Steelers – Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut: The Steelers won’t pass up a talent like Melifonwu. Imagine Melifonwu and Sean Davis together..
31. Atlanta Falcons – Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan: Atlanta is exactly the type of team for a player like Peppers.
32. New Orleans Saints – TJ Watt, EDGE, Wisconsin: The Saints are finally loading up on the defensive side of the ball.
33. Cleveland Browns -– Evan Engram, TE, Northwestern
34. San Francisco -– Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
35. Jacksonville Jaguars -– Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
36. Chicago Bears –- Tyus Bowser, EDGE, Houston
37. Los Angeles Rams -– JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
38. Los Angeles Chargers -– Budda Baker, FS, Washington
39. New York Jets –- Tre’Davious White, CB, LSU
40. Carolina Panthers –- Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
41. Cincinnati Bengals –- Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana
42. New Orleans Saints –- Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
43. Philadelphia Eagles –- Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
44. Buffalo Bills –- Deshone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
45. Arizona Cardinals — Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
46. Indianapolis Colts -– Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama
47. Baltimore Ravens –- Dion Dawkins, OT, Temple
48. Minnesota Vikings -– Montravious Adams, DT, Auburn
49. Washington Redskins -– Marcus Maye, FS, Florida
50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -– Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan
51. Denver Broncos –- Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
52. Cleveland Browns -– Davis Webb, QB, Cal
53. Detroit Lions -– Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State
54. Miami Dolphins –- Marcus Williams, FS, Utah
55. New York Giants -– Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
56. Oakland Raiders -– Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
57. Houston Texans –- Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
58. Seattle Seahawks -– Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
59. Kansas City Chiefs -– Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
60. Dallas Cowboys –- Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
61. Green Bay Packers — Ryan Anderson, EDGE, Alabama
62. Pittsburgh Steelers -– Carl Lawson, EDGE, Auburn
63. Atlanta Falcons –- Roderick Johnson, G, Florida State
64. Carolina Panthers -– Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State