This is going to be quick and to the point. This is my only mock so this is an aggregate of all the information I’ve gleaned.
1. Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, UCLA — I like Josh Allen better, but he’s too much of a wildcard especially for a franchise like the Browns to take at 1.
2. New York Giants: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State — Shockingly, the Giants are not going to use their first Top 2 pick in 14 years on a QB. But Barkley is good.
3. New York Jets: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA — I’ve always thought this to be the pick. Rosen reminds me of Kirk Cousins and offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates comes from the Shanahan tree.
4. Cleveland Browns: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State — I think this pick is up for a trade, but pairing Chubb and Myles Garrett together is too tantalizing.
5. Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming — TRADE! Bills receive: #5; Broncos receive: 12, 53, 56. General Manager Brandon Beane has a Panthers/Giants background which values the strong armed QB. Allen is that.
6. Indianapolis Colts: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia — Roquan Smith is possibly the player who can make the biggest impact from Day 1.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama — I don’t think he’s fallen down that many teams’ boards as people think. He fits a need for Tampa, and he’s a playmaker.
8. Chicago Bears: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame — His offensive line coach at Notre Dame is now the offensive line coach with the Bears. Also, protecting Trubisky is a must.
9. San Francisco 49ers: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama — The first headscratcher of the night. But Kyle Shanahan knows the value of having a QB like Jimmy Garoppolo and starts loading up weapons.
10. Arizona Cardinals: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma — TRADE! Cardinals receive: #10; Raiders receive: 15, 47, 182. The Baker Mayfield buzz is heating up right in time for the draft.
11. Miami Dolphins: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State — The Dolphins are undergoing a culture change and after losing out on Mayfield, they pick the #1 corner in the draft and hope he has a Lattimore type effect.
12. Denver Broncos: Harold Landry, DE, Boston College — Landry seems like a bit of a reach, but pairing him across from Von Miller helps the Denver defense get back to where it was.
13. Washington Redskins: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech — Tremaine Edmunds is only 19 and can be a dynamic player for the Washington front seven.
14. Green Bay Packers: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa — After drafting Kevin King last year, the Packers dip back into the CB well.
15. Oakland Raiders: Derwin James, S, Florida State — I like him better than Minkah, but he’s not as good in pass coverage.
16. Baltimore Ravens: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame — The Ravens give Joe Flacco another year and pair McGlinchey with another former golden domer, Ronnie Stanley.
17. Los Angeles Chargers: Vita Vea, DT, Washington — The Chargers find the perfect run stuffer in the massive Vita Vea, who also can move.
18. Seattle Seahawks: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU — If any team needs to draft a RB in the first round to get back to their identity, it’s the Seattle Seahawks.
19. Dallas Cowboys: Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama — There are holes all over that defense. Pass rusher is also in play with David Irving being arrested. Alabama and Dallas, a match made in hell.
20. Detroit Lions: Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA — Ziggy Ansah is coming up on a contract and with the Lions not inclined to sign him to a long term deal, they need to find a replacement/leverage.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville — Poor poor Lamar Jackson. Just two picks away from the Patriots.
22. Buffalo Bills: Will Hernandez, G, UTEP — The Bills have to rebuild the offensive line after the retirements of Eric Wood and Richie Incognito.
23. New England Patriots: Taven Bryan, DL, Florida — Talent trumps all, and Bill Belichick knows he can coach up Taven Bryan.
24. Carolina Panthers: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State — Greg Olsen’s eventual replacement can’t wait.
25. Tennessee Titans: DJ Moore, WR, Maryland — The Titans’ offense still needs some more talent at WR.
26. Atlanta Falcons: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford — The Falcons’ defensive line needs a few big bodies.
27. New Orleans Saints: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State — Replacing Alex Okafor is going to be hard. That team needs one more pass rusher.
28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama — General Manager Kevin Colbert has to assume Ryan Shazier won’t play again.
29. Baltimore Ravens: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State — TRADE! Ravens receive: 29; Jaguars receive: 83, 2019 First Round Pick, 2019 Third Round Pick. The Ravens jump back into the end of the first round to get their QB of the future.
30. Minnesota Vikings: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M — Christian Kirk is Stefon Diggs insurance, as Diggs is a free agent next offseason. Also, Christian Kirk Cousins has a nice ring to it. And makes more sense than people think.
31. New England Patriots: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville — The Patriots needed a replacement for Malcolm Butler. Also, they need to keep Johnson Bademosi off the field.
32. Philadelphia Eagles: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma — Jason Peters is getting up there and Brown can slide in at right tackle after Peters hangs them up.